Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

To a New Year - 2014




If I had to choose a favorite holiday, it would be New Year's. A time for reflection, and a time for moving forward. It makes you appreciate life in a different way. And, it's not a self created holiday; it inevitably comes and goes with time. 2013 was one full of changes - I had the craziest busiest semester of my life, and I moved into my first apartment. I chose my current life path (grad school) and applied to one. I decided to study abroad in Italy, with the help of applying for several scholarships. I got my first job as a nurse aide - my first certification. I made truffles for the first time, and moved back home. My parents got a puppy. I went to New York and renewed my love of art. (This is starting to get out of order). 

Anyhow -- my view of life deepened, and I got to see what matters most. I became closer to friends that mattered while losing a few on the way. 

But that's okay. Life's a journey and adventure full of changes. And I'm looking forward to a new year filled with more -- four and a half months living in Florence, Italy, traveling to places unknown, hopefully becoming somewhat fluent in Italian and becoming an Italian at heart. I'm looking forward to interviewing at different schools in different states & guessing where life will take me. Learning how to balance a gap year and excited to see what I end up doing during that time. Painting like I have never before. 

Here's some photos taken on New Year's Eve in 25 degree weather - 'bout froze our toes off.








 To another year of joys and sorrows, successes and failures. Bring it on, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...