Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Simple, artsy, and functional


I am in love with this method.
 I stumbled upon this Pinterest photo a while ago, and this lady used ribbon on a wall and clothespins to put up mini-paintings. I can't remember if it was hers, or her children's paintings, or just pictures. The point is, it can be anything you want that is classified as "interchangeable" in your mind.

Such an ingenious way of hanging stuff up to admire. I have had these postcard-sized notecards and postcards from a book of the marvelous works of Edward Hopper, and this is a great way to display because 1) it's cheap, 2) it looks great, 3) they don't fit into any standard sized frames.


So I didn't have any clothespins handy, so I found some paper clips and discovered they worked just as well. I also pinned the ribbon "between" walls", but they'd probably look just as great flat on a wall. I just didn't have the space.





And that's a glimpse of this beautiful little method that I actually, you know, did. (Rather than just fawning over the idea, pinning it on Pinterest, then promptly forgetting about it…)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...