Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

School in Florence


For all my readers, my friends and family, I would like to point out the "follow by email" feature on the right side of this page. If you type in your email, you will be notified when a new post is up -- rather than checking this blog every day incessantly/never/when you remember/sporadically. Just thought I'd point that out!

So this post is about my school, mia scuola! I finally got some pictures of my school in Florence -- Richmond University. It's on Via Maggio and less than a 10 minute walk from my home.

As mentioned before, I have 2 weeks of an intensive Italian language course. I have 2 more days left, and a final -- and I'll have earned my 3 credits. I'm ready to start learning about other things Italian (besides the language).

Start by entering into the abyss on the left.


… and you will see this.


Enter the code and the gates shall open. It's quite fun! :)



Pictured below is the beautiful courtyard. If it rains, that middle area will be full of water. I'm sure it'll make for a beautiful photograph though! I was in awe when I first saw the school.




I then go up these stairs every morning to my classroom.


This is my classroom and professor, who has two Ph.D's. The boy in the corner is actually an Italian, interning with the school. There are about 15 students in my class, which makes for very conversational and interactive learning. :)


Here they attempted to make it look like a candid shot. (If you look carefully, I don't think it worked.)


So this has been my center of learning since I've been here! Every day, from 9am-1pm.

Feel free to post a comment below if there's anything in Florence (or about my study abroad life) that you'd like to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...