Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Finally learning to use the DSLR camera


My first post that is remotely related to photography! I finally (and by finally, I mean all this time after purchasing a entry-level DSLR camera in February of 2013) picked up the camera and switched it over to manual. Manual everything, except I did keep the ISO on auto when I realized I sucked at it. What motivated me to start this? I only have a limited amount of time to learn before I need to start taking amazing photos in Italy :)

Here are some photos around the house, just practicing!



I really love the staircase! This is the first time I've decorated with garland & ribbon. Ribbon technique learned here.



These pictures are from last night - my second attempt at practice…


Much thanks to my friend, willing to let me practice on her after an anatomy&physiology final! You can see the enthusiasm. ;)


I can't wait to have time to start practicing more -- before Italy! Just need to get through finals week, finish working my 2 weeks, finish my PA school application to be submitted, paint, etc. etc. and the Italy prep begins.
36 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...