Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Starbucks and a Mishap (or two)



For a few weeks now, I've been meeting with my friend S (for the sake of Internet anonymity) on Tuesday mornings at Starbucks. Usually because it's nice to have company when cramming for a weekly quiz I have in Statistics class. 

Well, a little bird had told me that holiday drinks were buy one, get one this week, so my roommate and I decided upon Peppermint mocha. 

Look at the excitement.  



P.S. The lid is off because she likes to eat the whipped cream before enjoying her drink. It worked out for photography aesthetics, too. 


Needless to say, they were not buy one get one. It was on Sunday - two days ago. I could probably have a whole separate blog on all the things that go wrong in my life. It's okay, I think. I'm getting used to 20 years of this. 

Here's us together. Took a few tries but we are all smiling simultaneously which is an absolute miracle. 


My friends, starting from the left: S, me, D, and C. 

The mishap today, without giving away too much detail, was me today at school reading something on my phone and turning to enter a room, only to run into - no, not merely a wall, but a glass wall. It ricocheted loudly as I calmly but rapidly moved away to enter from the actual doorway. I think it was too late. I didn't bother making eye contact with anyone in there, but my friend's laughter destroyed my remaining semblance as she asked while laughing, "Did you just run into the glass like a bird?"

Cheers to Monday Tuesday mishaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...