Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Quirky insights to science, art, studying abroad, & other miscellaneous happenings.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Artwork on Etsy is launched!




Developing as a Creative

As many of you already know, I'm learning that I'm quite the creative. Bring up anything art-related, and I can go on for hours. Mention anything related to the art that I make, just plan on skipping your next meal. Having a more work-related attitude has really helped keep me in check. I'm acquiring and developing new skills that involve my time, talent, brainpower, and SO much energy. I'm learning how to stay patient (I pretty much suck at this) and most of all, to push through and not give. At first, the struggle was making myself paint constantly. Now, it's how to get it out there and go public with it.

I'd always known that art (with its marketing and promoting necessities) would come close to sucking the life and soul out of me -- it is so not my personality to shove my art in people's faces, but alas, it's part of the job. If only we could just paint all the time! 

So, I'm setting goals -- goals for the number of sales I want to achieve, the next step to develop my art business with each sale (ex. business cards, stamps, packaging improvements, etc.), and also with the number of paintings I have to offer. I currently have 35, and I think 50's a nice number to reach for, with the holidays coming around.. soon. :)

Check it out and save it for your browsing enjoyment!

Facebook page here.

Etsy shop here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...